Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is Wayne Hoffman a Sali campaign employee?

Or is he just a volunteer? First off, Hoffman is getting paid as a Congressional staffer, at about $70,000 a year.



I looked through all 23 pages of the FEC report (granted it's somewhat suspect), but I don't see any expenditure by the Sali campaign to Hoffman. It's possible to sort it alphabetically, and you can see between GoDaddy and the Idaho Dept of Labor, no Hoffman.



Maybe Hoffman is getting paid as a consultant, so he might show up under another name. And, just for the heck of it, here's Sali's campaign numbers, summarized.



Sali has about $115,000, net of debt. 356 PAC contributions, 258 individual contributions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alan I'm sorry I missed this yesterday. You saved me a lot of work. I link to the rule in my post on Sali's Shell Game(blatant blog whoring) and you can click my name for the specific rules which provide: 2 U.S.C. § 431(8). The statute provides that among the items that do not constitute a contribution for purposes of FECA is “the value of services provided without compensation by any individual who volunteers on behalf of a candidate or political committee.” Id. § 431(8)(B)(i). Thus a House employee does not make an impermissible contribution to his or her employing Member by doing volunteer work for the Member’s campaign. But any other contribution is illegal. The rule is absolute.