Friday, July 17, 2009

Idaho Brewing Company

There's a new brewpub in Idaho Falls, the Idaho Brewing Company. The pic below is of their seven offerings, and Brewmaster Leon, who was happy to explain in detail how he crafted the brews.



He explained the processes, the types of malts, hops, all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately, after trying the sampler platter, it seems my memory of the evening is not that crisp.

The Hefeweizen had a fair amount of banana, and some clove, per Leon. I picked up the banana, not the clove so much. My fav was entitled "Scotch." Really nice malty flavor, and 8% alcohol. The rest were in the 4-5% range. Had a couple of good pale ales, and had a decent stout. Leon recommended I try the stout last, as "the malts in it will coat your mouth and affect how you taste everything afterward." So I saved it til the end, and well worth the wait.

Aren't bottling it, yet. They don't serve food, and aren't sure whether they will. Don't want to get overwhelmed.

Have a nice outdoor seating area, and a pleasnt bar, tables, couches, and a fireplace inside. Hope they do well.



Here's how to get there. Red dot near the bottom. (Click to enlarge.) Kind of tricky to get into.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this great information,, thanks

___________________
victor
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

la pianista said...

I've been there and Scotch is my fav too! 'Glad you got to sample them!

ericn1300 said...

I love the size of that sampler platter. Hope you had some help with it or a designated driver.

Brad said...

this is worth the visit. Nice home atmosphere with people that seem to care. Good beer too

Darrin Davis said...

Great beer and great people.
Darrin & Amy Davis

Anonymous said...

He is a good trainee and he trains well!!
___________________
Britney
Loans in a low rate and we make it easy to repay it too

murkalus said...

P O V I L A S _ M I K A L A J U N A S_
E G L Y N O _17_
4 1 1 1 0 _ B I R Z A I _
L I T H U A N I A_
pm.alus@takas.lt _
http://public.fotki.com/murkalus/



Dear Sir/Madame,

I am a breweriana collector from Lithuania and I am interested in labels (from bottles, PET and kegs), bottle caps and beer coasters from Your country. I don't beer labels of Your brewery in my collection, therefore I want to ask You to send me some labels, caps and coasters in order to complete my collection and add some to the fund of exchange.
If You are interested in labels from our country I am ready to help You.


Yours Faithfully,
P. M I K A L A J U N A S

Brewforia Beer Market said...

Anyone know how to get in touch with them? I can't find a phone number, address or listing for them anywhere.

Thanks
Rick
www.brewforia.com