Tuesday, May 19, 2009

AWOL

Sorry for the lack of posts and the unexplained absence the last week. I've been in Virginia at a military conference. Here's how I've been spending most of my days. Basically in a sensory deprivation tank.



Ah, but the evenings have been making up for it. This dinner cost about $21, all fresh. Trout, scallops, crabcake, shrimp, fired okra, hushpuppies.



Another $21 dinner. 6 oysters, 6 clams, 1/2 lb. shrimp, 1/2 lb. crab, all steamed and sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning.



And libations. Although I asked in about every place I've been, I can't find anywhere that serves a decent hoppy beer. These aren't too bad, however.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the guy with the laptop is 'sensorily deprived' too, is that ebay or youtube he's cruisin? 'Looks like you're eating well though, some of those tax dollars put to good use, I'd say!