Tuesday, March 24, 2009

President Obama's press conference.

I'm watching President Obama's press conference, and note that he has a list he follows to call on the next reporter.  I've been in plenty of situations where I might be the next guy called on, and while you're waiting to see if your name comes up, you're a bit tense.

These reporters have to address the President, on live TV, so imagine what they're thinking as they wait to see who the President will call on.  "It might be  me.  I hope it's me. Jeezus, what if it's me and I screw up in front of the most powerful man in the world on worldwide TV?  I hope it's not me."  That's got to be nerve wracking.  But, most of the reporters handled it with aplomb.  More than I could do, I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, Alan- I thought you did great with Rumsfeld in that hangar in Kuwait- you really got through to him, and got stuff fixed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I wasn't waiting to be called on, though. As it turns out, my question irritated several finance types who thought I jumped WAY up the chain. Which was part of the fun.