Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Best breakfast?

DFO asked, what is the best breakfast in N. Idaho?

So, I'm asking, what is the best breakfast in South Idaho?

My personal favorites, Goldy's and the Trolley. The Red Feather also does a nice breakfast on weekends. All in Boise. I like to order eggs benedict as a comparison.

I don't much go in for the quantity over quality line of thought. Ben's (Kuna), Sunrise Cafe, Elmers, etc. Smitty's (Idaho Falls), Perkin's, JB's, all have, in my mind, a very plain, pedestrian breakfast menu that simply relies on giving you a whole bunch of food. All the bad food you can eat...

And the worst: The VFW breakfast served on Gowen Field on drill weekend. Powdered scrambled eggs, greasy link sausage, luke warm hash browns and pancakes, weak coffee, Sunny Delight as orange juice. All for just $5, so I guess you get what you pay for.

4 comments:

Milo said...

Dude, Mooney's Cafe in Boise. Just ate there yesterday. Great omelettes, plus it's right downtown. Maybe I don't know jack, but I actually just moved to Idaho, and I have to say, there hasn't been a place in Boise I haven't liked.

Also, relating to the above post, I completely agree. The debate was painful.

Anonymous said...

You mean Moon's Cafe? Bannock Street, between 8th and 9th? I used to go there for a hamburger and milkshake, but it's been a long time.

Wordsmith said...

The original Le Poulet Rouge - back in the '90s - had something called 'Eggs from Hell' with potatoes, peppers, etc., and chorizos!

Now, my kitchen, although Great Harvest has scones that melttt. I haven't eaten breakfast at Moon's. Eaten burgers and had those MILKSHAKES!

Sunrise Cafe in Meridian, JBs - can't get any more bland.

slfisher said...

The Griddle at Overland and Eagle.