Monday, January 14, 2008

I got an answer

In the post below this one, I asked, rhetorically, what the other Republican candidates think about Idaho's R leadership supporting Jim Risch for Senate before the primary is held. Well, Kent Marmon answered me in a comment to the post.

He pointed me to his website, and said he's got a long involvement with Idaho politics. His site does answer my question; he doesn't like with the leaders have done, calling it cronyism.
I don't know about you, but I believe that this type of "cronyism" is a big part of the problem we have today in government. It almost seems as though we have evolved into an "anointing" of sorts.
I think he got that right. Isn't it inevitable in a one party state that the leadership will get complacent and begin to take advantage of the lack of challenge and competition? Cronyism seems descriptive to me.

No comments: