Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Bad Day


This guy was arrested around 10 PM Wednesday, and charged with, no kidding, "Unlawful Use of Bathroom."

I doubt his transgression was anything too sinister. He wasn't charged with exposing himself, or some sexually related crime. But, as you can see, he's wearing lipstick and makeup and has a feminine hairdo.

The crack IdaBlue research division found this Boise City Code section. 13-03-02
"No person in any park shall: (2) Restrooms and Washrooms. Fail to cooperate in maintaining restrooms and washrooms in a neat and sanitary condition. No person over the age of five (5) years shall use the restrooms and washrooms designated for the opposite sex.
So either he failed to flush, or he was using the women's restroom. I suspect the latter.

I admit I don't have any facts upon which to base a judgment, but I do have an opinion.* If the guy wasn't bothering anyone (10 PM; who's in the restroom at that hour), couldn't they just tell him he's breaking the law and have him move on? If he was doing something bad, he'd have been charged with that. Instead, he's busted for unlawful use of bathroom? Just seems kind of fishy, like he was busted for impersonating a woman. Live and let live, I say.

*I seldom let facts get in the way of my opinions. If fact, in arguing with conservatives over politics and social issues, I've found that the fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion, and usually the louder.

5 comments:

saraeanderson said...

He was arrested for being trans. Idaho is so embarassing sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Great. Arrested for peeing while trans. By the potty police.

Anonymous said...

Sara...if the individual presents as female, the proper pronoun to use is "she".

I, too, am appalled by the action of the Boise Police in this matter. nzwse

Anonymous said...

Maybe the judge will throw this case out as a waste of taxpayers dollars. By the by was the arresting officer a man? If so, why was HE in the womens room? Did he actually witness the uh,person, urinating? Questions that should be asked by someone. Don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever been in a park restroom that was "in a neat and sanitary condition." Wonder why we don't see thousands of arrests for violating this code. Next time I see someone fail to flush or miss the trash with their towel I'm calling 911.