Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Larry LaRocco

Thanks to all for participating in the live blog. I don't know about you, but I've very seldom had an opportunity to ask a senatorial candidate a direct question. Maybe once, perhaps twice.

It is courageous of Larry LaRocco (or any politician) to submit to questions such as he did, especially in real time, unscripted. I appreciate a candidate showing respect to the netroots by taking time to answer questions.

Thanks to those who posted questions, and who visited to read the back and forth. Kudos to Larry for his courage, and to Julie for setting it up.

I'm looking forward to the next two live-blogging sessions.

Alan

5 comments:

Senate2008Guru said...

Alan - Agreed. My sincerest thanks to Congressman LaRocco for taking the time to share his thoughts and, unlike the current Idaho delegation, actually be responsive. I look forward to the next liveblogs as well, and to the entire campaign as it unfolds.

Julie Fanselow said...

I really have to wonder whether Larry Craig would have the guts to subject himself to this sort of exchange.

Live blogging is a pretty new phenomenon, and it is not for the faint of heart. I think Larry L did a great job. Thanks again, IdaBlue!

Anonymous said...

Senator Larry Craig was one of the first in Congress to "live blog" as well as one of the first to podcast and use email to communicate with constituents. In addition he holds dozens of live, in person, town hall meetings across the state where he takes and answers questions in-person from any Idahoan who shows up. That means unscripted and unedited - unlike a blog which has a moderator to help what questions are allowed to go through.

Anonymous said...

In the case of Larry LaRocco's session on this blog, there was no moderator screening questions. Questions are posted directly by readers. I turned off comment verification, and do not use comment moderation, so the questions posted straight up.

I turned the verification back on today.

Julie Fanselow said...

Anonymous, can you tell us when Sen Craig did a live blog and answered all questions, unfiltered, as they came in?

I do respect the senator for doing town hall meetings. I know his stands on immigration especially are not especially popular, and that he's had some real angry folks at his meetings. I myself appreciate that - unlike some politicians (including the Idaho candidate who already left this race) - Craig is at least trying to solve the immigration situation and not just demagogue it.