Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What's In A Name?

Over at the Idaho House of Representatives, our legislators' email addresses are a composite of their first initial and last name. Pretty common. Thus, Branden Durst's email address is bdurst@house.idaho.gov, and Elliot Werk's is ewerk@senate.idaho.gov.

Some combinations are kind of amusing. Take Brad Little's for example, blittle (belittle). Phylis King, pking (Peking). Bob Ring, bring. Sue Chew, schew (eschew). Or, poor Phil Hart from Athol, phart. "Hi, I'm phart, from Athol."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had these type of thoughts, too. Not on the issue, but wow, it is amazing what occurs to the human mind.

MountainGoat said...

After reading this, I haven't been able to write Phil Hart (R-Athol) without laughing my...ehem...athol off...and believe me, I've tried.