Saturday, March 31, 2007

Circumlocution

Allow me to indulge in a bit of it for a moment.

You've probably seen the commercial of the singing Chips Ahoy cookies, singing "Don't you Want Me Baby," by the Human League. Four cookies riding in a convertible, a big hand comes down and snatches them up one at a time until the last one is gone (and presumably the car careens off the road and explodes).

First off, this reminds me of a guy I knew in the Army in 1974. He had a little sign on his glove box lid that said "Be prepared to take the wheel; Rapture may occur at any moment." He was pretty righteous, but I guess he assumed his passengers weren't. Anyway, when I see the big hand pulling the cookies up to the heaven, I think of the Rapture.

Well, the Meat Purveyors do a great version of "Don't You Want Me Baby," which I heard on XM radio. I was searching around for more info about them, and came across a pretty cool video.

You know how some famous people get on your nerves after a while because you see them so much, or you just don't like them? For me it's Larry Craig's voice; the guy is just so unctuous that when I hear him speak it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Well, for those of you who don't like the looks of President Bush (aka Smirking Chimp), you might like this video set to "I don't Like The Look On Your Face" by the Meat Purveyors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was entertaining.