Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Right Leaning Media

Peter Daou writing in The Huffington Post quotes Media Matters to show how biased Chris Matthews is on his Hardball program. The idea of a liberal media, while it may once have been true, is long dead and this is another example. I've seen reports of studies that say that individual reporters tend to trend left, but certainly the corporate for-profit news organizations don't.

Matthews, O'Reilly, Fox News, Limbaugh and others serve as great megaphones for the GOP talking points, and I believe are responsible for much of the GOPs successes over the last decade.

If you ever want to hear how the administration will spin something, just check out Fox News or Bill O'Reilly. They are usually the first out of the gate with the approved talking points.

I encourage everyone to contradict anyone who says the medial is liberal, or that any of the guys noted above are neutral. Because the media is trying to not look liberal, they tend to go the other direction in order to beat that rap. They just need to be careful and accurate.

I think the blogosphere can help get out the word of bias.

2 comments:

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

A funny thing happened to me today...

I was out and about in town and a business owner (who I don't really know well but he may know me by name as I have been doing business there lately) brought up "news programs" to me. He was trying to insist that Fox news was the most balanced of them all. I just looked at him and sort of said "if you say so"... not in a challenging tone, but just like a dumb-blonde type of response. I didn't want to get into an argument with him, and I couldn't help but wonder... did he know who I was? Did he recognize my name from recent articles in the paper? Was he TRYING to start an argument?

Don't know... but it was a weird moment...